Costa do Sauípe Resort, Mata de São João in Bahia, took place the final draw of the 2014 World cup. 32 teams will play on in groups of 4 teams’ to start with final tournament, a total of 8 teams as a result.
Before the final draw, teams were divided into four pots to facilitate draw process based on seeding and geographic location.
|Pot 1*||Pot 2 (Africa & South America)||Pot 3 (Asia & North America)||Pot 4 (Europe)|
Bosnia and Herzegovina
*Brazil on top as hosts, 7 remaining team coming off the FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking October 2013
1. In order to create an even flow to the draw as Pots 1-4 are emptied, we begin by drawing one ball from Pot 4 (containing a European team) and placing it into Pot 2 to achieve an equal balance of eight teams in each pot
2. Pot 1 will then be emptied beginning with Brazil; teams will be allocated to position 1 of Groups A through H sequentially
3. With the addition of the European team to Pot 2, Pot 2 will contain teams from three different qualification zones. With teams from three zones in the same pot, we increase the risk of inadvertently violating the principle of geographic separation. In order to ensure we do not mistakenly end up with three European teams in the same Group, the following mechanism will be implemented:
· The four seeded South American teams will be placed in an ancillary pot – Pot X
· One of the four teams will be drawn
· The Group of the South American which is drawn will determine the Group which the European team from Pot 2 will join Final Draw Procedures
4. Pot 2 will then be emptied, beginning with the European ball
· The European team will join Group of South American team drawn from Pot X
· The remaining teams will be allocated to Groups A through H sequentially
· Note: Groups may be skipped to respect principle of geographic separation; e.g. Chile and Ecuador may not be drawn into Groups with seeded South American teams
5. Pots 3 and 4 will then be emptied in order
6. The positions within Groups A through H will be drawn for all teams of Pots 2, 3 and 4.
Final Draw Results
See upcoming posts for World Cup 2014 updates here in sbobitcoin